The SAZF Cape Council wishes a hearty mazaltov and sends our warm congratulations to incoming Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and the incoming Israeli government. The new government broadly consists of parties from the left, centre, and right and includes an Arab-Israeli party.
We also wish to thank outgoing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for all his efforts and achievements on behalf of the State of Israel, most notably in developing Israel’s high tech economy, achieving diplomatic relations and a historic peace with the Arab nations, and maintaining Israel’s security.
May Israel remain a strong, proud and dynamic Jewish and democratic nation.
• Nine female ministers
• Two Arab ministers
• Karine Elharrar, a veteran MK who has muscular dystrophy and is Minister of Energy
• Nitzan Horowitz (Minister of Health) and Idan Roll (Deputy FM) who are openly gay
• A religious Prime Minister
This is our 36th government, this is Israel.
• Published in the PDF edition of the July 2021 issue.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue!
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn