By Saul Jackson, Maccabi WP Sports Director
It has been an exciting yet challenging 2021 for Maccabi Western Province.
Our planning and schedules have been delayed due to the impact of Covid-19 — however, through the hard work and commitment of all our coaches, managers, convenors and players we have achieved a great deal.
We have hosted numerous junior golf tournaments where the turnout has been terrific. We have run trials across a range of sports, trained on a weekly basis with some of our main team sports such as futsal and netball, as well as organised three-day training camps where our players from across the country gathered together to prepare for the Games.
We still have a few selections to finalise but we are well on track to establishing one of Maccabi SA’s largest contingents ever. With the Maccabiah Games in July 2022, we have seven months to ensure that our players and teams are as prepared as possible to bring home medals for South Africa.
We would like to thank everyone who has played a part in our journey to date, and we hope the Maccabi experience has been one of great value and enjoyment. Looking forward to what 2022 will bring!
Maccabi South Africa: website
• Published in the PDF edition of the December 2021/January 2022 issue – Click here to get it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle contact Karyn on 021 464 6700 ext. 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn