Our front desk volunteers are the face of the Cape Town Holocaust & Genocide Centre. They are the first encounter that visitors have when entering our building. They welcome tourists and locals alike.
Lindsay Fintz has been a front desk volunteer at the CTHGC since 2004. She is at the front desk every single Wednesday afternoon come rain or shine. She greets visitors with her warm and beautiful smile, welcoming them and making them feel at once, that they are at home. Lindsay always interacts with visitors; chatting to them, answering their many questions and reminding them to write comments in our visitors’ book. During this time of Covid, when the museum was open, Linsday still came in for her Wednesday stint even though there were days when there were no visitors. Her dedication to the Centre is unparalleled and she is a vital cog in our hard working machine, answering the phone when needed and being a participating member of the team. Hers is an attitude of absolute dedication and devotion. We could not manage without her. This tribute is to thank Lindsay for everything she does — and of course that we hope she will continue to do — with her grace, loyalty and unstinting enthusiasm.
• Published in the PDF edition of the December 2021/January 2022 issue – Click here to get it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle contact Karyn on 021 464 6700 ext. 104 or email email@example.com. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn