By Chaya Singer — Executive Director SAZF Cape Council
Thank you for commemorating and celebrating with us at our South African Zionist Federation Yom Hazikaron ceremony and Yom Ha’atzmaut celebration.
Yom Hazikaron is the national day of remembrance in Israel to commemorate the lives lost in defence of the State of Israel. On this day we mourn and remember our fallen soldiers and all lives lost to terror. It was truly an honour to have 200 members of our community join together on the evening of Tuesday 3 May, to commemorate Yom Hazikaron in-person at Herzlia High School, for a moving tekes lead by our Zionist Youth Council.
On the evening of Thursday 5 May, 2000 of our community members came together in-person to celebrate Yom Ha’atzmaut with the SAZF Cape Council. We can’t thank you enough for attending and sharing this exuberant, fun, and memorable occasion with us. After two years of separation, it was incredibly powerful for us to be together again and celebrate our love for Israel as a community.
Thank you to our wonderful Cape Town Jewish Community for making this an unforgettable celebration!
Am Yisrael Chai!
Visit the South African Zionist Federation – Cape Council website.
• Published in the PDF edition of the June 2022 issue – Click here to read it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – contact us on 021 464 6700 ext. 104 or email email@example.com. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn