Mensch Mandela Day was a massive success this year, held for the first time in three years, live in-person as well as online!
Over 160 people attending the event either in person or online, or watched the event recording. Together with their partner beneficiary organisations Mensch has raised almost R60,000 so far! On the day together, over 120 people made their way to Langa, and made 500 litres of soup for 1500 people to enjoy on Mandela Day, providing R12 000 in income to local Langa farmers for the produce for the soup!
A huge thank you to our beneficiary partners SA Urban Food and Farming Trust and Ikhaya Le Langa, and our community partners the JDC Joint (supported by the Horwitz Family Trust), the Cape SA Jewish Board of Deputies and the United Jewish Campaign Cape Town. Not forgetting the farmers themselves for producing the delicious and nutritious veggies!
• Published in the August 2022 Digital Edition – Click here to read it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – contact us on 021 464 6700 ext. 104 or email email@example.com. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn