We are sad to say goodbye to our resident Monty Teperson, whom we just wished mazaltov on his 100th birthday
A hundred years of memories! Monty was an active part of our Highlands community for many years, participating in the art class and producing wonderful varied paintings. His work was recently included in the Highlands House Art Exhibition at Marais Road Shul in September. Very involved in Ohel Samson shul at Highlands House, Monty has always contributed his good sense of humour, insight and wisdom to every activity. We all enjoyed his monthly bulletin, a newsletter to his fellow residents. On his birthday, we presented Monty with a certificate for his outstanding contribution to the Home. Errol Anstey shared some stories from Monty’s younger days in the Merchant Navy during World War II, when he enjoyed boxing and cultivating a six-pack. Monty’s joie de vivre inspired us all. One hundred years will not soon be forgotten. Baruch Dayan Ha-emet.
Highlands House www.highlandshouse.co.za
• Published in the October 2022 Digital Edition – Click here to read it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Cape Jewish Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn