By Mathilde Myburgh
The Green and Sea Point (Marais Road) Shul graciously lent their space to the Highlands House Art Exhibition for two exclusive events.
The opening, night which took place on Monday evening 12 September, was followed by an auction the next morning, which included a wonderful tea for the artists and the residents who came to support. There was a lovely atmosphere on both occasions, with the room filled with artwork and chatter, where attendees could interact with the artists while admiring their work.
Artists whose work was exhibited included our residents Tony Leuw, Arnold Wallach, Rhoda Gordon, Judith Myers, Carol Kruger, David Myers and Elton Joffe, and the late Monty Tepersen. Their artwork included portraits of Holocaust survivors, as well as other pieces. Many people from the community attended to show their support, and a good number of pieces were sold.
Haim Menashehoff, who has been involved in mentoring and guiding the budding artists at Highlands House for the past six years, gave generously of his time to facilitate the arrangements, market and coordinate the event with Kerry Miller, and organise the auction. He expressed his sincere appreciation to the shul for the part they played, saying, “They did a magnificent job! Kerry promoted the show with such expertise and love.”
We thank Marais Road Shul, and in particular Kerry and our board member Sara-Lee Jackson for making this project happen.
Highlands House www.highlandshouse.co.za
• Published in the November 2022 Digital Edition – Click here to read it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email email@example.com. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Cape Jewish Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn