By Craig Nudelman
Trust, connect, learn — these are the guiding values that underlie the Entrepreneurs’ Network Cape Town.
This network, which provides entrepreneurs from the Jewish community and people of colour from diverse communities the opportunity to connect and learn from each other, had its first official event on 26 January at the Deloitte offices.
Fifty-six entrepreneurs from all walks of life and various business sectors attended this engaging and inspiring evening. The entrepreneurs were divided into forums, where they shared and discussed challenging issues facing small businesses. Through shared experiences and collective insights, they were able to receive valuable input into tackling some pressing issues.
Members from partner organisations Over the Rainbow, ORTJet Cape Town, Entrepreneurs Organization, and the Cape SAJBD spoke about the different ways in which they could assist entrepreneurs; and explained the format in which the year-long programme would work.
Justin Asher, one of the facilitators and a Board member of the Cape SAJBD, produced a Mentimeter and asked the group to input the biggest struggles they faced as small businesses in Cape Town. Top of the list was loadshedding (an issue faced by all South Africans), funding, and how to access potential markets for their products.
All present were engaged and excited to embark on this new one-of-a-kind networking journey. Over the next few months, look out for individuals who will increase the workforce and infrastructure of Cape Town and South Africa. Creating jobs does not lie in the hands of government, but rather in the hands of those who have ideas and skills to make our economy more sustainable.
Cape SA Jewish Board of Deputies website: www.capesajbd.org, Instagram, and Facebook page.
• Published in the March 2023 Digital Edition – Click here to start reading.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email email@example.com. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2023. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Cape Jewish Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn