By Jessica Conné
In the last week of July we had one of our most successful Bnei Sundays of the year, with over 80 channichim attending! Here’s what we got up to!
Ktantanim Grade 3 had Havdalla and a movie night; Ktantanim Grade 4 had an incredible colour tochnit; Gurim Grade 5 had a cozy board game afternoon with hot chocolate; Gurim Grade 6 had a braai and a very cool decision-making tochnit; Roim went acrobranching; Moledet made yum pizza; Kaveh enjoyed a poker night with pizza; and Sayeret Hashachar continued their programme with an inspiring tochnit about Israel and leadership.
On top of that, Hadracha just returned from Israel! A Hashachar channie says, “My favourite memory of the trip was going to the Kotel on Shabbos. It was incredible to experience the energy and vibe of being in the Holy Land at the Kotel on Shabbos – seeing Jews all around you and singing along to the songs while dancing. It’s something I’ll never forget.”
And some of the best news of all: on 1 August 2023, Bnei Akiva Cape Town’s wonderful Shlichim, Ayelet and Akiva Glatt, welcomed their baby boy into the world! Wishing nothing but love, mazal and simcha to Ayelet, Akiva, Gali and their family! We are all so overjoyed and cannot wait to meet the new Bnei-by!
Keep up to date!
Habonim: website: Habonim Dror SA, Facebook HabonimSA
Netzer: website: Netzer.org.za, Instagram netzer_southafrica
Bnei Akiva: website: Beni Akiva South Africa, Facebook Bnei Akiva Cape Town
SAUJS Western Cape: Facebook @SAUJS, Instagram @saujs_westerncape
Diller Teen Fellows: website: Diller Teen Fellows , Facebook Diller Teen Fellows, Instagram @diller.capetown
Find the SA Zionist Federation – Cape Council online:
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, www.sazfcape.co.za
• Published in the September 2023 issue – Click here to start reading.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email email@example.com. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2023. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.