By Daniella Beswick
Our summer machaneh, Machaneh Chevra, started on 14 December 2023. With all our maddies ready, with their best ruach and energies, the channies were welcomed and we left for Glencairn!
The 10 days started with some get-to-know-yous and introductions, and moved into Shabbat with Rabbi Greg. The real start of Machaneh included a Kabbalat Shabbat service, led by our incredible song leaders, Shacharit service and seuda shlishit at Silvermine Dam.
The week was filled with peulot about our four pillars, which ignited passion in our channies.
Unfortunately, our machaneh was interrupted by the Simon’s Town fires. We evacuated smoothly, with the incredible services of CSO Cape Town, with protectors arriving on site to escort us to Temple Israel Wynberg. We ran another full day of machaneh and managed to end on a positive note.
Keep up to date!
Habonim: website: Habonim Dror SA, Facebook HabonimSA
Netzer: website: Netzer.org.za, Instagram netzer_southafrica
Bnei Akiva: website: Beni Akiva South Africa, Facebook Bnei Akiva Cape Town
SAUJS Western Cape: Facebook @SAUJS, Instagram @saujs_westerncape
Diller Teen Fellows: website: Diller Teen Fellows , Facebook Diller Teen Fellows, Instagram @diller.capetown
Find the SA Zionist Federation – Cape Council online:
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, www.sazfcape.co.za
• Published in the February 2024 issue – Click here to start reading.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2024. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Cape Jewish Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn