Our Generation Next subcommittee recently rolled out its ‘Know Your Rights’ campaign to Herzlia High School and CT Torah High Grade 11 and 12 students.
Whether you are studying, working or taking a gap year next year, it is crucial that you know your rights, the harms you may experience and the remedies available to you.
Cape SAJBD’s Marketing and Legal Officer Tyla Dallas presented the Know Your Rights on campus booklet, which equips students with skills to respond effectively and appropriately to the variety of ways in which antisemitism may manifest, from insensitive or biased comments to hate-motivated incidents. Although targeted to campus life, its ‘Enforcement Process’ and ‘Speak Up Strategies’ can be used to confront incidents that might occur in the workplace or any other public space.
“Where you experience antisemitism or anti-Jewish hate speech, prejudice, vandalism or other incidents, the Cape South African Jewish Board of Deputies (Cape SAJBD) is here to assist you! We can make a difference in your lives, and we want to be able to protect you,” Tzvi Brivik (Chairperson)
Go to: https://www.capesajbd.org/…/my-rights-on-campus-for…/ to learn more about this campaign. Do you want Gen Next to present this campaign to your school or tertiary institution? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Published in the PDF edition of the December 2021/January 2022 issue – Click here to get it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle contact Karyn on 021 464 6700 ext. 104 or email email@example.com. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn