Our first in-person event since Covid appeared was a gorgeous summer breakfast on the piazza under the trees.
The guest of honour was South African cricket giant Ali Bacher, who is the subject of our current exhibition, The Life of Ali Bacher. In conversation with another cricket legend, Vince van der Bijl, Dr Bacher shared fascinating and often humorous memories of his life on and off the field. Everyone involved enjoyed the buzz, food and anecdotes. Campus staff enjoyed seeing the vibrancy of pre-lockdown days. We are delighted to witness the SAJM and surrounds returning to life with visitors coming to meet and eat, see exhibitions and attend talks and functions. Welcome back, world!
For more information please go to www.sajewishmuseum.co.za
• Published in the PDF edition of the March 2022 issue – Click here to get it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – contact Karyn on 021 464 6700 ext. 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn