Local writers have certainly been busy, as reflected in the launch of three new books recently — and a fourth one that will soon arrive on our shelves.
The South African Jewish Museum has been the host for these launches, and the Jacob Gitlin Library has joined forces for two of them.
All the books are available for purchase at the SA Jewish Museum gift shop, or can be loaned from the Gitlin Library.
|Peter Lindenberg’s Flat Out and Fearless recounts his life story as a sportsman of international renown, highlighting the many personal challenges he battled to overcome.|
|Fascists, Fabricators & Fantasists is the third volume of Milton Shain’s series of scholarly works on the history of antisemitism in South Africa. (Click here for more.)|
|UK-based, South African dentist, Dr Linda Greenwall, has written a book of fond memories about food – it’s called Food Memories: The Cook Book|
|Highlighting her life in music, Aviva Pelham’s book, My Musical Odyssey, launches on Sunday, 4 June. RSVP here.|
• Published in the June 2023 issue – Click here to start reading.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email email@example.com. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2023. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Cape Jewish Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn