SAVE THE DATE | 15 Oct 2023 – 18:30
Nominated for three Israeli Academy Awards and adapted from the much-loved book, Apples from the Desert is a timeless and moving tale of tradition versus modernity. Rebecca Avranel is an only child, living a cloistered existence with her strictly religious Sephardic parents in Jerusalem. Unhappy with the restrictive traditions of home and community, she secretly breaks taboos, joining a dance class where she meets secular kibbutznik Dooby. But following her dreams wreaks havoc when her father reveals other plans for her…
RSVP: email@example.com or call 021 464 6714 for more details. Booking essential for catering purposes.
• Published in the October 2023 issue – Click here to start reading.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2023. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Cape Jewish Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn