The National Elections are taking place this May in 2024. We eagerly await the announcement of the official date.
Before you can vote, you need to have registered. We encourage all first-time voters to register by following the link https://registertovote.elections.org.za. To those of you who have voted in previous elections, kindly check that you are still registered and where your voting stations are. To anyone living abroad or if you have family abroad who still have a valid South African passport, you can also register to vote.
For more information please see below.
What you need to register to vote
- A valid South African passport,
- OR Smart ID card,
- OR Temporary ID certificate
How to register to vote
- Go to registertovote.elections.org.za
- Click register to vote and submit an application to register to vote or update your registration details.
Not sure if you’re already registered?
- Visit the IEC website at https://www.elections.org.za/pw/Voter/Voter-Information,
- OR SMS your ID number to 32810;
- OR Call the IEC’s contact centre on 0800 11 800.