Since early January, Israelis across the political spectrum have come out in droves. They are protesting the government’s proposed judicial overhaul that would limit the Supreme Court’s powers to rule against the legislature and the executive, and give lawmakers decisive powers in appointing judges. This proposed change to the law threatens to compromise civil liberties, and jeopardise the economy.
• Published in the March 2023 Digital Edition – Click here to start reading.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2023. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Cape Jewish Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn