For over 40 years the One-to-One Day Fair has been running, and on Sunday 31 July, 100 volunteers from various organisations including the Cape SAJBD, arrived at the Sea Point Lions Club in Green Point, where we sorted and packed several thousand donated items including clothing, food, and toiletries.
Many of us arrived with our families, and it was truly special watching the young kids immerse themselves in the experience — so proud that they were helping those less fortunate.
Unfortunately, due to Covid, the organisers have been unable to host the fair for the past few years. Instead, it has run a highly successful campaign to collect the bare necessities — items which we may take for granted. The packed boxes will be distributed to various beneficiaries around the Western Cape. One-to-One is now able to treat those 3000 members of the community with intellectual disabilities, to a cosier winter.
One-to-One organiser, Albert Glass, promised that the 2023 edition would be in-person and that we would get to meet all the families and individuals who would be receiving the donations.
• Published in the September 2022 Rosh Hashanah Digital Edition – Click here to read it.
• To advertise in the Cape Jewish Chronicle and on this website – kindly contact Lynette Roodt on 021 464 6736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and advertising rate card click here.
• Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another issue.
• Please support the Cape Jewish Chronicle with a voluntary Subscription for 2022. For payment info click here.
• Visit our Portal to the Jewish Community to see a list of all the Jewish organisations in Cape Town with links to their websites.
Follow the Cape Jewish Chronicle: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn